Chickpea and chorizo stew (Garbanzo and Chorizo Potaje)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 1/2 red paprika, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas (drained)
- 2 carrots, chopped in discs
- 2 big potatoes, chopped in squares aproximatelly 1cm each
- 1 bay leaf
- 75 grams of sliced chorizo
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add the carrots, chorizo and potatoes, add a bay leaf cover with a cup of water and bring to a boil.
- In a frypan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onions together with 2 spoons of sweet paprika powder, garlic, paprika and leek previously chopped. Then add 2 large tomatoes roughly chopped and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into a blender, add a few cooked potatoes and carrots with 2 to 3 slices of the chorizo and blend them together. We need a creamy and colourful sauce for later.
- Reduce the heat, add the chickpeas and the creamy sauce we previously made, cover with a lid and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes and move it with a wooden spoon once in a while.
- After 25 minutes, remove from the fire, add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
* This delicious stew should not be completely liquid. It must be a little creamy but fluid. *
Enjoy it with some bread while it's still hot!