Coconut popsicles (vegan)
- 1x 320g can of sweetened condensed coconut milk
(I found this brand Nature's Charm that is dairy free, soy, lactose, and gluten-free)
- Coconut flesh, approximately 2 coconuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk unsweetened
- 1x 200g coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Finely mince the coconut flesh with a food processor, and set aside.
- Combine the condensed coconut milk, and coconut cream, pour them into a blender with the minced coconut and mix until the lumps disappear and the mix is a bit more creamy.
* Note: Don't panic if the coconut absorbs the liquids, keep mixing and adding the rest of the ingredients.*
- Add the vanilla extract, and pour the cups of coconut milk, one at the time. Keep an eye on the consistency. Stop the blender and help yourself with a rubber spatula, scrape the sides, bottom and combine all well.
- Note that the mixture should look creamy but runny at the same time. Keep adding the coconut milk, blend and check the consistency.
- Check the sweetness and add the maple syrup if necessary.
- Pour the mixture in your popsicle containers. In my case I have a super convenient one made of silicone, easy to remove them when they're ready and they have this cool traditional popsicle shape.
- Place them in the freezer and wait for a couple of hours until they are completely frozen, or just leave them overnight.