Homemade Èclairs au Chocolat & Pistache
Pâte à choux Ingredients :
- 60 ml of water
- 60 ml of milk
- 2 g of salt
- 4 g of sugar
- 50 g of butter
- 75 g of flour
- 2 eggs
Directions Pâte à choux:
- In a saucepan add water, milk, salt, sugar, and butter and bring to boil. Add the sifted flour at once, then continue mixing until the dough peels off the sides of the pan and leaves a thin film at the bottom. The goal is to dry the dough, then rehydrate it with the eggs.
- Preheat your oven to 250 °C. Roll out the Pâte à Choux by using a pastry bag with an open star tip or any other depending on the shape you want.
- Put in the oven and immediately and lower the temperature to 180°C. Above all, do not open the oven door for the next 20 minutes! **This is important because your Pâte à Choux will fall out if you do and you will have to start all over again.
Ingredients Crème pâtissière au Chocolat:
- 300 ml whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 25 g cornstarch
- 15 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 g unsalted butter
Directions Crème pâtissière au Chocolat:
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, and sifted starch.
- Pour the milk little by little over the preparation, while mixing.
- Place everything in a saucepan and thicken over low heat mix continuosly.
- When the preparation has thickened, remove from the heat, add the butter, and mix until it is melted.Remove from heat once thickened and stir in butter and vanilla until melted.
- Pour into a clean mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap, letting the plastic wrap touch the top of the pastry cream to avoid the creation of any film on top.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before using.
Ingredients Glaçage or frosting:
- 80 g of dark chocolate
- 80 g of wipping cream
- 20 g of butter
- 2 unflavored gelatine sheets **This is my tip to make the frosting set and shiny.
Directions Glaçage or frosting:
- Soak 2 sheets of gelatine in a bowl of cold/iced water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate. Heat the cream in a saucepan and pour it 3 times over the chocolate, stirring well. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the soaked gelatine and keep stirring until is dissolved.
- Place the chocolate cream in a pastry bag with a small tip.
- Using a small knife, form crosses on the back of your éclairs, and fill them in completely with the chocolate cream.
- Dip the top of your chocolate éclairs in the frosting.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios or any other garnish you prefer.