My super spongy brownies
- 225g Butter (softened)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup of dutched cocoa
- 2/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2/4 tsp Salt
Ingredients for frosting *optional
I personally prefer them plain.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Dutch cocoa
- 1 tbsp Honey or Maple syrup
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
Directions for the Brownie batter
Before starting, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 1 brownie pan with baking parchment paper.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a standing food mixer on high speed for 10 minutes, until it'ss creamy and the sugar has dissolved. Add the eggs and whisk slowly until combined.
- Combine the rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl (cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder) and mix them well with a rubber spatula or whisk. Gently fold the dry ingredients in the mixture with a spatula.
- Place the batter into the brownie pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Directions for the frosting
- Beat butter, cocoa, maple syrup or honey and vanilla in a bowl until all the ingredients are blended. Add the icing sugar and milk.
- Scoop the frosting on top of the brownies, spread evenly and cut into squares.
Enjoy it with a glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!