Vegan Pear & Almond moist cake
Ingredients for the Candied Pear Slices
- 1 Pear finely sliced (e.g. with a mandoline)
- 1/2 Cup sugar to coat the pear slices
Directions for the Candied Pear Slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Coat every pear on both sides with the sugar.
- Place all the pear slices on a baking tray covered with a parchment paper.
- Bake the pear slices for about 10 minutes and flip. Bake the other side for about 10 minutes, constantly checking the caramel color.
- Once they have this light gold color, remove from the oven and let them chill.
Ingredients for the Pear & Almond Cake
- 1/2 Cup Coconut butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Spelt Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tsp Finely grated lemon rind
- 1 Pear peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tsbp Almond milk
Directions for the Pear & Almond Cake
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the coconut butter and coconut sugar in the bowl and combine with a mixer. Add the banana, almond flour, Spelt, baking powder, almond milk and lemon rind and mix them well on lower speed.
- Add the chopped pear and with a rubber spatula combine with the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 20 cm tart tin.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Let it cool before removing it from the cake tin.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, confectioner's sugar and decorate with the candied pear slices that we previously made.
Enjoy a delicious slice with a cup of tea!